Wellness Registry Staff
Dr. John W. Munson
Marketing & Corporate Training
- Professor Emeritus of Health Promotion -School of Health Promotion and Human Development, College of Professional Studies, University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- President – Board of Directors, National Wellness Institute
- Senior Consultant, Academic Accreditation- National Wellness Institute
- Board of Advisors, Medical Wellness Association
- Master Trainer – Consumer Wellness Advocates, Vesuvius Press Inc. Phoenix
- Board of Directors – Vesuvius Press Inc.
- Trainer – Personality Resources Inc., New York, Toronto
- Owner – Triple L Associates LLC, Wellness Consulting, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Ph.D. The Ohio State University 1979
M.S. & C.A.G.S. Springfield College 1970
B.S. The Ohio State University 1967
Head Coaching, 18 years - Responsible for recruiting, budgeting, counseling, marketing, organizing and teaching in a variety of varsity programs at five universities, 1967-1985 (Lifetime record 212-82-4). NCAA Division I Head Coach in Wrestling and Lacrosse.
- Acting Associate Dean, School of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics, 1983-84 and 1985-86. Associate Dean 1986-96.
- Created the first academic wellness program in the United States working with colleagues, Dr. Anne Abbott and Dr. Joan North, UW-Stevens Point, 1989.
- Professor of Health Promotion, University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
- Associate Dean, School of Health Promotion and Human Development July 1, 1996 to 2002.
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Board of Trustees - National Wellness Association, appointed 1990
- Fellow, Association for Worksite Health Promotion, inducted 1994.
- Elected to National Wellness Institute, Circle of Leadership 1995
- Vice President for Education – National Board, Association for Worksite Health Promotion 1994-96.
- Past President - Association for Worksite Health Promotion Region IV (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky) 1997
- Chair - Association for Worksite Health Promotion Undergraduate National Standards Taskforce 1996-2001.
- Founding Member- Medical Wellness Association, 2002. Board of Advisors
- Taskforce chair charged with starting nationwide student chapters in the National Wellness Institute, 2002-2004.
- Taskforce chair, National Accreditation of Undergraduate Health Promotion/Wellness Programs, 2004-2008.
- Board of Directors – National Wellness Institute 2011-2016
- Distinguished Medical Wellness Association Ambasador, March 2014
- Co-President – National Wellness Institute Board of Directors June 2014-2016
- Board of Directors – Vesuvius Press Incorporated 2014